Nov 4, 2003
About 2.5 months ago, I had a one night stand with a prostitute. I did(I think) wear a condom. I am very paronoid about becoming infected. Over the past several weeks, I have had some of the symptoms as described, but the biggest change in my life is dizziness and light headedness. Are these symptoms of infection? Seroconversion? I am waiting to get tested at 3 months. Please let me know your thoughts about my head troubles. Thank you.
Response from Dr. Horwath
Dizziness and lightheadedness are not symptoms of HIV infection. It sounds like you are anxious. Get tested. That should help to reassure you.
And in the future, make sure you wear a condom. "I think I did" will not protect you from infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Insertive Anal Sex
- Black Spots After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Anal Sex Bottom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.