Help Stupid mistake!
Nov 4, 2003
Hey Dr.Ewald what are the chances of getting Hiv or Hep.c through a tattoo?
Response from Dr. Horwath
A tatto needle is similar to other needles. If it was used on an infected person and then re-used without being cleaned properly with chlorine bleach, then there is a risk of infection.
The only safeguard is to avoid tattoos, or to only go to tattoo artists who are reputable, trustworthy, and follow proper cleaning procedures.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will A Cbc Blood Test Show Hiv?
- What Does A Herpes Rash On The Face Look Like?
- What Are The Chances Of Transmitting Chlamydia After One Time?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Or Warts From A Safe Exposure With A Prostitute?
- Syphilis From Receiving Fellatio
- Syphilis Chancre Topical Cream
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.