Nov 4, 2003
Can you tell me what your ideal first regimen would be for someone (like me) who has a long history of depression?
Response from Dr. Horwath
You should decide your first HAART regimen with your infectious disease doctor. Many factors go into this choice, including concerns about potential side effects.
Your history of depression is one such factor. People with a history of depression are more likely to experience symptoms of depression as a side effect of efavirenz (Sustiva). Depression and other psychiatric side effects have been reported within the first month or two of treatment in up to 50% of people who take Sustiva. Persons with a history of drug abuse are also thought to be at higher risk for psychiatric side effects.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Odds Of Contracting HIV Sex With A Prostitute
- Diarrhea After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Inverted Condom Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.