SYMPTOMS FOR 2.5 months?
Nov 4, 2003
Would HIV seroconversion cause me to have a sore throat for 2.5 months, and also have post nasal drip, runny, stuffy nose andsneezing, is it possible that I could be getting a series of colds back to back?
Response from Dr. Horwath
HIV seroconversion is sometimes accompanied by a viral syndrome, consisting of fever, muscle aches, and a flu-like syndrome. This is usually self-limited and resolves in 1-2 weeks.
If you are concerned about seroconversion, you should get an HIV test now, and take appropriate precautions to prevent exposure in the future.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chills After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Licking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Testicles After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rectal Bleeding After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.