Marinol and depression

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to answer my question I really appreciate it. I take 4 anti-depressant medications. Am diagnosed with major depressive disorder. My HIV Dr. prescribed Marinol for my nausea. Is it safe to take all these meds together along with HAART ? Thanks again :)

Response from Dr. Horwath

I'm not sure why you're taking 4 antidepressants. You might want to review that with your doctors to make sure that you really need all of them. If you can get by with one, that is certainly less complicated, safer, and less likely to create problems with side effects and drug interactions.

Marinol can be very effective for treatment of nausea. It is safe to use in combination with antidepressants and HAART. I have treated patients who were on similar combinations of medications with no drug interaction problems.

Good luck with the nausea treatment!

HIV and addicted to prescription pain pills
Heebee Jeebees with Kaletra/Viread + antidepressants