whats wrong with me

Hi..I have known that I am positive for a year now. My tcell is 350 and viral 152,000..much worse then my last test 6 mos ago. I am 32 and work out reg. In the lasta 6 mos..I am feeling so lost. I walk around in a daze half the time, I feel terrible, I forget all the time, sleep ALL the time, Last week I even took sleeping pills for two days just because I didnt want to deal with anything. I am living in Germany now and will move back to american(just broke up with my bf)..Am I depressed?? I have never felt this way.and some of the thoughts that I feel are really scarying me. All my friends think I am so happy, the person to go, and they also feel that I am the strongest person there is. What is wrong? Thanks so much for all you do.

Response from Mr. Shernoff

From what you describe it certainly sounds like you might be depressed. But the best way to find out is to consult with a good mental health professional in order to have your symptoms evaluated. Then, if you are diagnosed as depressed it may be appropriate for you to begin a course of antidepressant medications as well as talk therapy.

Michael Shernoff, MSW

I am HIV+
Ist this denial?