Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Mental Health and HIVMental Health and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

whats wrong with me
Oct 30, 2003

Hi..I have known that I am positive for a year now. My tcell is 350 and viral 152,000..much worse then my last test 6 mos ago. I am 32 and work out reg. In the lasta 6 mos..I am feeling so lost. I walk around in a daze half the time, I feel terrible, I forget all the time, sleep ALL the time, Last week I even took sleeping pills for two days just because I didnt want to deal with anything. I am living in Germany now and will move back to american(just broke up with my bf)..Am I depressed?? I have never felt this way.and some of the thoughts that I feel are really scarying me. All my friends think I am so happy, the person to go, and they also feel that I am the strongest person there is. What is wrong? Thanks so much for all you do.

Response from Mr. Shernoff

From what you describe it certainly sounds like you might be depressed. But the best way to find out is to consult with a good mental health professional in order to have your symptoms evaluated. Then, if you are diagnosed as depressed it may be appropriate for you to begin a course of antidepressant medications as well as talk therapy.

Michael Shernoff, MSW

Previous
I am HIV+
Next
Ist this denial?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.