Oct 2, 2003
Please Help Doctor.
Is herpes a fairly easy disease to contract while wearing a condom? Hope you can help.
Response from Dr. Horwath
A condom does provide some protection against Herpes infection. However, the protection depends on using the condom correctly. If a sexual partner has active Herpes lesions, the condom will not provide complete protection, for example, if it slips and there is direct skin contact with an active Herpes lesion.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- When You Have Sex With Someone With Chlamydia Do You Immediately Get It?
- What Kind Of Antibiotics Can You Use To Treat Shingles?
- What Are Other Names For Toxoplasmosis?
- Is Uti Medication The Same As Gonorrhea?
- Is Ti Common To Get A Uti Before Herpes Outbreak?
- Topical Antifungal For Angular Chelitis
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.