Oct 2, 2003
Please Help Doctor.
Is herpes a fairly easy disease to contract while wearing a condom? Hope you can help.
| Response from Dr. Horwath
A condom does provide some protection against Herpes infection. However, the protection depends on using the condom correctly. If a sexual partner has active Herpes lesions, the condom will not provide complete protection, for example, if it slips and there is direct skin contact with an active Herpes lesion.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Doctor I Should Go To For Herpes?
- Sinus Infection Worried It Could Be HIV
- HIV Test After Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Ache In Testicles After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.