Oct 2, 2003
Please Help Doctor.
Is herpes a fairly easy disease to contract while wearing a condom? Hope you can help.
Response from Dr. Horwath
A condom does provide some protection against Herpes infection. However, the protection depends on using the condom correctly. If a sexual partner has active Herpes lesions, the condom will not provide complete protection, for example, if it slips and there is direct skin contact with an active Herpes lesion.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Pathogenic Organism Causes Hiv?
- Can Hiv Be Transmitted Outside The Host's Body?
- What Will Happen If You Have Herpes And Don't Get Treatment?
- What To Take To Suppress Genital Herpes?
- What Are The Consequences Of Untreated Bacterial Vaginitis?
- Took Antibiotics As Prescribed For Chlamydia And Still Have Symptoms
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.