sir please from india,have mercy dr ewald!!!!!!!!!!!

hi

dr ewald i keep on hearing 3 months is concluisve ,but 6 months is more concluisve,but some say 3 months test should suffice.

what exactly is the scenario. 3 MONTHS OR 6 MONTHS.

I AM FROM INDIA,

I SUSPECTED THE NEEDLE TO DRAW MY BLOOD WAS CONATMINATED,BUT IAM NOT SURE OF IT. THIS INCIDENT TOOK PLACE ON MAY 1, TESTED AT 88 DAYS{ JULY 28}AND 93 DAYS{AUGUST 2},AFTER MY EXPOSURE ON MAY 1.

BOTH NEGATIVE THROUGH ELISA COMB-AIDS.

IS IT WOHOOOOOOOO TIME.

OR SHOULD I TEST AT 6 MONTHS.

LOVE ,REGARDS, DONATIONS AND NEVER TO BOTHER YOU AGAIN.

BYE

GOD BLESS SIR

Response from Dr. Horwath

The CDC recommends repeating the HIV ELISA test at baseline, week 4, week 12, and week 26, following an occupational exposure to a health care worker. If you believe you were stuck by a conaminated needle, this would be similar to an occupational exposure.

The risk of HIV infection following a needle stick depends on many factors. How deep was the needle stick? Was there visible blood on the needle? Was the needle used in an HIV infected person, and what stage of infection was that person in?

In any case, if your HIV ELISA is negative at 6 months, you should be fine. But next time, get your blood drawn in a safer facility.

Mental Anguish
Experiementing to find the right medicine?