infections , might it be ?

Hi , I am 15 , and i recently have had sex , and i'm very concerned that i might be HIV POSITIVE , after 2-3 months from then I began itching , and im getting tired very often - shortness of breath and so on .... but being tested is out of the question , the fear of my paretns and the result is haunting me , what can I do ? should i be concerned , HOW CAN I KNOW IF I'M infected ? THANK YOU !

Response from Dr. Horwath

First, don't have sex without using appropriate precautions, such as latex condoms. This is the only way to prevent HIV infection, and prevention is the goal.

Once exposed, the only good way to know if you have the virus to to get an HIV test. If you are afraid of your parents finding out, then you can try the local department of health, which may offer anonymous testing. There are also self-test kits available in some places. This would make it totally private.

Being afraid of the result is understandable, but not knowing is worse than knowing. And if you want to avoid this anxiety, don't have sex without taking precautions from now on!

Anxiety/Panic
Behaviour