Anxiety/Panic

I was diagnosed with AIDS in March '01 and since gotten my T's back up to 300/VL undect. Pretty steady on my regimen and physically stable other than emphysema (too many years of those damns cigs).

Recently, I started having severe panic attacks and anxiety disorder which has led to times when I feel totally out of control, i.e., severe trembling, shaking like seizures as well as the other typical symptoms of anxiety disorder. I've been on Zoloft and Xanax (as needed) for about a month and my psych switched me off the Zoloft to Lexapro while still continuing the Xanax. I've been on Viread, Viramune and Epivir for almost a year now for the HIV also. Is it safe for me to be taking all these meds together everyday, or am I just obsessing again? :)

Thanks so much for any info.

Response from Dr. Horwath

This particular combination of medications should not cause any safety concerns, beyond the usual side effects that could occur when these medicines are used by themselves. Drug interactions, in other words, should not be a problem.

Dr. afraid of prescribing Dexidrine. I need it.
infections , might it be ?