what to do?

hello, i'm 26 and i just recently found out about my hiv+ status... i'm starting my antiretroviral treatment but physical statement is great but i feel awful I was starting a relationship and I have may posibbly infect him and i feel worse, I didn't know coz i've been always very healthy, and now my relationship is falling, he's scared about beeing poz but he's even more scared about me, I dont know what to do? thank u and greetings from Mexico.

Response from Mr. Shernoff

If there is an AIDS service organization near to where you live you need to contact them and join a support group. You also need to ask them if they have any counselors there who can work with you and your friend to address each of your fears and concerns. He should obviously get tested to find out whether or not he is infected with HIV. You both need to get educated about how to have safer sex in order to not pass the virus.

Michael Shernoff, MSW

HIV vs. AIDS
Son just diagnosed - looking for answers