Aug 2, 2003
You recently said in an answer that you had hiv virus for 30 years? That would be since 1973! How can that be--the first reported cases I heard about were in 1981 or 1982. Please explain?
| Response from Mr. Shernoff
In the 1970s I was one of about 2,000 gay men who participated in a study conducted by the New York Blood Center about the prevalance of Hepatitis B among gay men. All of our blood samples were frozen. After the HIV test was developed the researchers tested all of those frozen blood samples for HIV. 18% of the blood samples tested tested HIV-positive. I was one of them.
Michael Shernoff, MSW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Skin After Anal Sex Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Insertive Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Sex With Hooker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rectal Bleeding After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.