Dying Husband with Lymphoma and Dementia; This may sound horrible, but I want him to die.

My husband is dying he was diagnosed at a very late stage Cd4 70s, viral load in the millions. My problem is unbeknown to me he had another wife in another state. She is negative and I am positive. This man literally did nothing to help himself in regard to treatment, he was found confused and disoriented and now 4 months later he is still the same.

There are all kinds of legal problems and this is a married women's nightmare. Though my CD4 is in the 600's and my viral load 3000's I am stressed out trying to take care of him and his business.

This may sound horrible but I really loved this man, I now want him to die. He won't though, it seems though he is emaciated and disoriented (in and out)he is still manipulating. Is it possible for someone to remain alive with severe dementia and lymphoma and wasting for long? How long?

He is not tolerating treatment and is not receiving chemotherapy.

Response from Dr. Dezube

I am so very sorry to hear of what is happening to you, your husband, and the other wife. I hope that you are receiving some type of help (social worker, therapist, counselor, etc). It's a lot to handle.

To answer your specific question, is it possible to remain alive for a long period of time with dementia, untreated lymphoma, and wasting, the answer is an emphatic "No".

What to do when no one will help my daughter
Not ready to tell PARENTS but have NO CHOICE