What to do when no one will help my daughter

My daughter was in a treatment center for dual DX. When she was released she was doing great for the first time in 15 years. She is 28 years old. Since her release no one will prescribe Klonopin. She was on Zyprexa 5 mg 1 qhs and Klonopin 1.0 mg qhs and zoloft 50 mg qhs and this worked. Now she is back to being in psychosis and I just keep hitting dead ends. The Klonopin is almost like a miracle for her and she has even requested it but no one will order it. Why whats wrong with the drug.

Thank you in advance for your help. A concerned mother.

Response from Dr. Horwath

You mentioned that your daughter was in a dual diagnosis treatment center. I assume you mean the dual diagnosis of psychiatric disorder and substance abuse disorder.

It's very encouraging that she responded well to treatment. If she has a history of substance abuse or dependence, this may explain the reluctance of some doctors to prescribe cloazepam (Klonopin). Clonazepam is a benzodiazepine, a class of drugs that is known to be associated with a high risk for the development of tolerance and dependence. The doctors who are reluctant to prescribe it may be concerned that she will develop a dependence.

Of course, drugs like clonaepam can be carefully monitored to try to reduce this risk. This may require some discussion of this issue with her doctors to address the risk of dependence and abuse. Perhaps this will help.

Switching Paroxetine.
Dying Husband with Lymphoma and Dementia; This may sound horrible, but I want him to die.