Can't bear the anxiety

Dear Doctor, Recently I had unprotected vaginal sex with a woman before I knew she was hiv+. Upon finding out I stopped having sex. But I am worried because I had sex 3 times when she was menstruating. I only had sex a few times altogether. At 8 weeks I teseted negative. But I am still worried.Will the 12 week test be sufficient or should I re test after that as well. She had a CD4 count below 150 and a viral load over 230000/ml.Was the risk high?

Response from Dr. Horwath

Unprotected vaginal sex is associated with the risk of transmitting HIV. The risk increases with the number of times you had sex. The risk is higher in unprotected sex with a person who has a high viral load (as in your partner).

You probably should get tested at 3 months and 6 months. But the best treatment for your anxiety is to stop having unprotected sex. You said you had unprotected sex with a woman before you knew she was HIV+. The unprotected sex is the source of your anxiety, and until you stop having unprotected sex, you are likely to continue to suffer from it.

ADC
Might i have been infected?