The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Mental Health and HIVMental Health and HIV
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Counselor training

Jun 21, 2003

How/Where can a masters level mental health counselor get training to work with individuals diagnosed with HIV/AIDS?

Response from Mr. Shernoff

I suggest that you contact the local AIDS service organization to see if they offer trainings. Additionally contact the department of health or mental health on either the municipal or state level to find out if they have any CME training programs. A third option is to contact your professional association and inquire about trainings. Additionally some graduate schools in counseling, social work and psychology offer courses that you could enroll in.

"We are only as sick as our secrets."
Long term mental illness...risk of worstening durin treatment?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint