The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Mental Health and HIVMental Health and HIV
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

How Do I Find a Psychiatrist Who Will Help Me With My SS Disability Claim?

Jun 4, 2003

Hello There I am currently applying for Social Security Disability and I suffer from severe depression due to my HIV infection. I desprately need a psychiatrist that will treat my condition and who also specializes (has experience) in SS disability cases and is willing to fill out the forms and cooperate with me and my lawyer. Can you recommend any in the NYC Metro area? I have insurance with in/out of network benefits!

Thank you very much.

Response from Mr. Shernoff

Dr. Gregory Alsip is a wonderfully skilled psychiatrist in Manhattan who specializes in treating people with HIV and will be very able to complete all necessary forms for you.

MIchael Shernoff, MSW

unexplained hostility toward girlfriend

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint