homeopathy?

Let me first thank all you guys and gals on this site for your help. You all are diamonds in a rough rough world. My question is concerning homeopathy to treat underlying health problems like anxiety,depression and just "overwhelmed" feelings. I know HAART is the only effective way to treat the virus itself but I am a recovering alchoholic (8yrs a day at a time) and am very concerned about taking meds that will allow my disease of alchoholism to take over and convince me to abuse drugs- which would lead to a drink. Don't know much about Homeopathy and really dont expect you to endorse one thing over the other but any feed back at all would be appreciated. Thanks again for everything

Response from Mr. Shernoff

You did not get sober to suffer. Taking appropriately prescribed psychotropic medications exactly as the prescribing physician orders is not very likely to lead you to begin abusing drugs again. Antidepressants do not really have a potential to be abused in this manner as they do not make people feel happy, but only reduce the underlying symptoms of depression if that depression is caused by a metabolic disorder.

In this country there is not any hard scientific evidence to support the idea that nonprescription drugs are beneficial to people with depressive and anxiety disorders. There are a few studies that were done in Europe that do seem to indicate that there are some homeopathic drugs that do help relieve some individuals psychiatric symptoms. Michael Shernoff, MSW

troubled, angry and hurting
How Do I Find a Psychiatrist Who Will Help Me With My SS Disability Claim?