Does prozac affect HIV testing ?
Jun 2, 2003
I had a possible exposure to HIV about a month ago. I've been on prozac for about 2 yrs now for mild OCD.
I am anxious to get tested for HIV and I know I need to wait at least 3 months, but my question is does taking Prozac interfere with the accuracy of the HIV test, or the HIV test in general ?
I would sincerely appreciate your response.
Response from Dr. Horwath
I know of no reason why the Prozac should interfere with the accuracy of the HIV test.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will An Std Test Show Hpv?
- When They Do The Hiv Blood Test Do They Also Check For Herpes?
- What Pills Can You Take To Get Rid Of Bacterial Vaginosis Or A Yeast Infection?
- What Is The Incubation Period For Hpv?
- Getting Treatment For Genital Warts When Can I Have Sex Again
- Syphilis Rash On The Chest
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.