Violent Husband

I have a girlfriend who is hiv+ and so is her husband. Her husband has become very abusive to her and her kids. He curses them and lately he pushed her down because she could not remember some detail about a tv show. He has been positive for about 10+ years but just started treament about 4 yrs ago. She became infected by him 4 years ago. I think he is going to hurt her or the kids because some days he is fine but other days he is a walking time bomb. Is she or her kids in danger? He seems violent to me. How can I help her?

Response from Dr. Horwath

Yes, she and her children are in danger. If he does not agree to go for some treatment of his problem of explosive anger and violence, she should seek some outside help on her own. Depending on local laws, she may be able to obtain some legal help to keep him away from her (eg. a restraining order). Some areas have active groups that provide help and advice to women who have been victims of domestic violence.

My 11 year old is angry
Constant Agony