Loosing it in Las Vegas

Dear Dr.Horwath, When I was on Peg-Intron my Dr. put me on Prozac, appox 6 months ago. When I could no longer tolerate the side effects of the Peg-Intron I stoped taking the Prozac as well. I have been in a SERIOUS BLACK HOLE for the past 4-6 weeks, and I am considering going back on the Prozac. My question: Will Prozac interact with all my drugs? Viread, Epivir, Viramune, Marinol, and in 2 day's to add Oxandrin 10mg BID. ANY advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thank You, RR

Response from Dr. Horwath

From your description, it sounds like you are experiencing a depression. If Prozac helped you in the past, then it is quite likely to continue to be helpful.

In general, Prozac is not associated with significant problems of drug interaction with antiretroviral medications. With the medications you mentioned, you should not experience a clinically significant interaction.

genetic predisposition to bipolar disorder with hiv
My 11 year old is angry