the caregivers blues

hello, my brother has been living the hiv for the past 10 years, in the past year his health began to fail, he is now on dialysis, and his bowels just shoot out to the point he makes a mess, every things he eats it seems to send him to the bath room, he is very fussy and not very clean i contantly clean up where he mess up , he don't even try to help me, he acts like i suppose to do this, it has gotten to the point that i want to move out or tell him to move out, we use the be close but now, it seems he thinks is's all about him. how and what can i do about this problems, i'm about to loose my head up in here up in here

Response from Mr. Shernoff

Be honest with him and tell him everything that you told me. His being ill is not an excuse for him to take advantage of your good nature. The longer you let him get away with this the longer he will continue to act the same insensitive way. You do not have to stay there taking care of him. You are choosing to do so. But if he refuses to be more considerate of you then you need to be ready to move out. You do not have to put up with his acting like you are some kind of servant.

Michael Shernoff, MSW

supporting poz friend
Angry, Confused, and Scared