Therapist in Palm Springs, CA

Could you please refer me to a counselor or therapist in Palm Springs, CA who could help me with my depression brought about by HIV. I am on Medicare and have a Bluecross Blueshied medigap policy. I have spoken with the Desert Aids Project, but you have to be a client to use their services and I have not come out with my HIV status to anyone except on a need to know basis, and I have several friends that work there. They seem unwilling to even give me the name of a therapist. I use the VA and it takes a long time to connect with their people and they are a long distance away.

Response from Mr. Shernoff

Sorry but I do not know any mental health professionals in Palm Springs. It seems to me that becoming a client of the Desert AIDS Project is the best idea since this would be the best way to insure that whoever you would see would be skilled and experienced in working with other people who are HIV + and depressed.

Michael Shernoff, MSW

Can't get it up!
telling the kids