my boyfriend has it and he is only 18

hi i am 19 and i have a boyfriend that i really care alot about before i met him i told him that if the person that you are ever with dont like you for you then they are not with you. he told me that he was hiv+ the day after we began to go together. it didnt change the way i feel about him i really want to be with him and this is the thing he is only 18 he found out when he was 17. i dont really know how to ask him questions about it with out making him feel crazy or out of place i dont want hiv+ to be his weakness or be the reason if anything was to happen that we wound not be together. we do kiss but i know that i cant get it from kissing but can i get it from french kissing i want to be there for him and i want to make him feel wanted. when he 1st told me i was shocked but just because he told me made me love him even more just because he told the truth we have not had sex beacuse we both are saved.could you tell me some ways that i can get it and some ways that i cant and how to talk to him about it without making him feel bad.

Response from Mr. Shernoff

You need to ask him how you can talk to him about it without making him feel bad. This way the two of you can develop a deeper intimacy and more sensitive communication skills that are specific to the two of you. I will not answer your question about how you can and can not get HIV since this forum is not about how HIV is transmitted. You need to ask that quetsion again to the Body's specialist on Safer Sex & Prevention.

Michael Shernoff, MSW

6 years HIV+ and still depressed...
effects of hiv on longterm nonprogressors