Wellbutrin and facial ticks

I have been taking 300mg Bupropion daily for a few years. I've had minor body ticks and was told this was a side effect of the drug. I am now experiencing a constant facial tick in my lower eyelid. If I have to go off the Wellbutrin what else is there? I can't take the sexual side effects of some other drugs.

Response from Dr. Horwath

Various types of ticks and other movements disorders (called myoclonus and dykinesia) have been reported as adverse reactions to bupropion (Wellbutrin). A side effect like this can sometimes be managed by decreasing the dose.

As you have noted, the SSRI's (Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil, Celexa, Lexapro) often cause sexual side effects.

When you ask what else is available, that depends largely on the condition for which you are being treated. You should consult your psychiatrist to review your psychiatric history and current symptoms, if any, and try to evaluate the alternatives. You may do best by staying with Wellbutrin, if it has helped you.

Effexor vs Prozac
HIV medicines and Antidepressants