LOOKING TO HELP

Hello Michael

I am a 27 yr old HIV- College student. I have recently been working on becoming more educated in hopes of helping people that are living with HIV/AIDS in my future career. I had a bad experience early in my adult life that has kept me aware and often times very concerned about HIV, leading me to a few tests in my life. After my last experience with testing and worrying, I learned anxiety was one of my biggest problems that was leading to my over anxious concerns and worrys. Since then, I have made up my mind to devote time and effort towards the fight. I am currently studying to be a psychologist. I was wondering if you could point me in a particular direction where I could start my admirations of helping others early. I have read many of your responses and think this FORUM is great for people and I appreciate your concern and kind words you have put out there for individuals affected by this disease. Just thought Id drop you this note and tell you that you are greatly appreciated.

Response from Mr. Shernoff

Thank you for your kind feed back. My suggestion is that you contact a local AIDS service organization. They are always looking for new volunteers to train. This is one way you can become more educated about HIV and AIDS and also help other people in whatever capacity may be of interest.

As a young person if there is a campus HIV education group where you go to school contact them and see if they have a peer AIDS education and prevention program. This could be another way you would be able to make an important difference in the fight against HIV and AIDS.

Michael Shernoff, MSW

An insane and infected Uncle
PeptideT