Neuropathy and Depression

My friend has been HIV positive for a long time--14 yrs. He has full blown AIDS now with lots of herpes infections. The sores are on his face now. He also has taken drugs to treat his neuropathy and drugs to treat depression but he's gone off of them. Is there a drug combination that will help with both neuropathy and depression?

Response from Mr. Shernoff

This is an important medical question. I am not a doctor and thus am not qualified to respond. Why doesn't your friend explore this with his docotr if he is intersted in exploring options for relief? I am concerened that if he just stopped taking the drugs then perhaps he is so hopeless or overwhelmed that his depression is spiralling out of control. I strongly urge you to offer to even accompany him to a consultation with his doctor in order to help him explore what medical options exist.

Michael Shernoff, MSW

Help me to understand why this happened!!
EFFEXOR VS PROCZAC