help

plz reply to my question quickly thanks here we go I work as a nurse in communicable diseases I was working on this file of a pt who is both HIV and Hep B positive. It turned out that the file I was working on belong to a friend of mine I know this person very well, he is my husband best firend and we both come from the same country Ethiopia. this person refused any kind of help from both HIV and Hep B services. I don't know what to do I am known this information for couple of months I did not tell my husband or any other person But i really want to help this person aleast help him understand the risk he is taking by not taking any drug therapy. help what should I do.

Response from Mr. Shernoff

While I understand your concerns, you discohered this information in your capactiy as a nurse. The information was confidential. This means that despite your wanting to help, you have a legal obligation not to say anything. Additionally since you discovered this information doing routine professional responsibilites you have a moral obligation to behave as if you never discoverd this information. I know how difficult this is, but you have no other choice but to respect his decision not to particpate in any medical intervention.

MIchael Shernoff, MSW

residual toxo or losing my mind/
Zoloft/ADC