residual toxo or losing my mind/

I had CNS toxoplasmosis in 1997. It caused four dime size liaisons in my brain. Recovery took about six months of sleeping 18 to 20 hours a day. Extremely painful headaches and nausea, and many symptoms left side paralyses. Drooling, walking to the right, dropping things from my left hand, my left arm and leg feeling tickling and asleep. I had no equilibrium when I bent over the tub to turn it on I fell in. If I placed a pan on the stove and walked away I could not remember. I also had a notable change in my emotions and my ability to work under pressure and complete tasks. Most of these improved up to a point. I have never returned to normal.

Over the past five years I have struggled to keep my viral load down and ts up, trying to balance my meds with my digestive symptoms and side effects, nausea, gastritis, lesions in my esophagus, bowel spasms, many headaches, and painful neuropathy.

My last labs 6 mos ago were the best I have ever had ts 511 and non-detectable viral load. I just changed doctors and had new labs drawn, I will see him in a couple weeks.

Lately I have noticed that some of my neurological symptoms are getting worse.. Im drooling a bit, dropping things and get dizzy and nauseated, when I get stressed, and cant think clearly like Im spinning in my head. Its like I feel oxygen deprived..

Is this just residual from the toxo? And can stress make these symptoms worse?

Thank you Diana

Response from Mr. Shernoff

Dear Diana,

I am not a physician and therefore am totally unqualified to respond to your question. I urge you to make an appointemnt with a neurologist who specializes in working with people with AIDS in order to have your symptoms properly evaluated and treated. Please do this quickly .

Michael Shernoff, MSW

Sustiva with pre-existing mental illness?
help