The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Mental Health and HIVMental Health and HIV
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

can you help me ? I don't know what is going on with me

Aug 11, 2002

I am 31, female. I am HIV+, I am sad , or happy, or angry, or depressed all the time, it seems that I can not control any of my feelings or emotion.I am not on any meds at this time. I go see a specialist soon. What can I do to help myself feel better through out my day , this goes on all day and night. I at least break out crying 2 a day, I laugh maybe 3 or four times in a day. I am worried all the time, when I am at work , I think about all the stuff at home , When I am at home I think about the things at work. I am never happy, happy , unless I have some alcohol in me .Can you help me to understand what is going on and what I can do to better myself ? thank you very much for taking the time and reading this . Marie

Response from Mr. Shernoff

Dear Marie,

It is not really possible for me to know what is or might be going on with you from such a brief e mail. I suggest that you ask your doctor for a referral to a good mental health professional and make an appointment to see him or her. That way you can get a sophisticated assessment of your emotional and mental state and discuss whether or not some professional counseling might be appropriate or helpful to you at this time.

Michael Shernoff, MSW

dealing with losses
To tell or not to tell?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint