can you help me ? I don't know what is going on with me

I am 31, female. I am HIV+, I am sad , or happy, or angry, or depressed all the time, it seems that I can not control any of my feelings or emotion.I am not on any meds at this time. I go see a specialist soon. What can I do to help myself feel better through out my day , this goes on all day and night. I at least break out crying 2 a day, I laugh maybe 3 or four times in a day. I am worried all the time, when I am at work , I think about all the stuff at home , When I am at home I think about the things at work. I am never happy, happy , unless I have some alcohol in me .Can you help me to understand what is going on and what I can do to better myself ? thank you very much for taking the time and reading this . Marie

Response from Mr. Shernoff

Dear Marie,

It is not really possible for me to know what is or might be going on with you from such a brief e mail. I suggest that you ask your doctor for a referral to a good mental health professional and make an appointment to see him or her. That way you can get a sophisticated assessment of your emotional and mental state and discuss whether or not some professional counseling might be appropriate or helpful to you at this time.

Michael Shernoff, MSW

dealing with losses
To tell or not to tell?