I am married to someone with HIV.

I would like to know if HIV affects a person memory, and other parts of the brain?

Response from Mr. Shernoff

Having AIDS can definitely affect a person's central nervous system (CNS), which includes the brain. If there is CNS involvement, one symptom is very often impaired memory. Another possible symptom is a change in a person's mood. If you suspect this may be the case, the best idea is to raise the issue with his or her primary care physician and ask for a referral to a neurologist who is a specialist in diagnosing AIDS related CNS involvement.

Michael Shernoff, MSW

tips and tricks for dealing with non diagnosed HIV related depression
Lonely in Atlanta