Question about becoming a therapist

Hey Michael.

I had written to you previously about future plans and going back to school. I tested positive about seven months ago and, while definitely challenging, I've found that this whole ordeal has given me a focus that I never really had before. I've been strongly considering becoming a therapist but I'm not really sure how one would go about that. Could you give me some ideas? I really feel that I can help people having gone through this. I look back at my life before having tested positive and I am amazed at what it had become. Let's just say I've been making a lot of changes.

Any helpful information you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Michael and have a super day!

Response from Mr. Shernoff

To become a therapist you have to go to graduate school and either get an MSW, MFCC or PhD. So research graduate programs in psychology, counseling and social work in order to get an idda of what might be involved in moving into this as a career path.

Michael Shernoff, MSW

delaing with anxiety, new move to LA
Partner and non-disclosure