delaing with anxiety, new move to LA

I have recently come to Los Angeles and am experiencing a heightened sense of anxiety. I made the move from San Francisco and find I am incredibly homesick for the house, roommates and the convenience of living in a smaller city. I made the move to be with my partner of six years who relocated here for business purposes. His business is taking off and we have a smaller but pleasant place to live. I find that I just want things the way they were, however.

Besides the above listed information, I have other complicating issues. I have been living with the AIDS virus for eighteen years now. I am healthy though the assortment of chemicals running rampant through my body at times plays havoc with me. I began school in SF several years ago and am planning on beginning again here in Los Angeles. In addition to beginning the drawn out process of setting up doctors, finding out about benefits, finding fund agencies and counseling for school I find that the heat is very grueling for me. Beyond all else, I don't handle hot weather very well. My mood swings have been constant and I cannot stop thinking about my former residence and the easier time I had in San Francisco. I have spoken with my partner and he is supportive of any decision that I will make and will be helpful in working on my options even if I decide to return to Northern California. The life I had cannot be replicated but the logic in that knowledge matters little within my anxiety.

Sorry for going on but I was hoping that you might be able to refer me to some agencies dealing with AIDS or perhaps any psychologists working with those living with on disability (I have been disabled for seven years and have a fixed income) for either individual or group meetings.

Thanks for your time,

Jay

Response from Mr. Shernoff

The AIDS Project Los Angeles is a comprehensive agency serving people living with HIV and AIDS. They have case management as well as psychological and counseling services. They would definitely be the place to call.

Best of luck,

Michael Shernoff, MSW

Mental Side Effects of Growth Hormones
Question about becoming a therapist