Mental Side Effects of Growth Hormones

My boyfriend is a professional bodybuilder who I feel is displaying irratic behavior. That of which resembles symptoms of BiPolar disorder. Could excessive growth hormones and insulin effect his mental health which in turn cause this irratic behavior? He is able to convince everyone that he normal however I see the mood swings and strange behaviors. Please advise. Thank you.

Response from Mr. Shernoff

Since this is a forum only for mental health issues that affect people who are infected with HIV or their loved ones and you did not mention whether your boyfriend is HIV positive I will not respond to your question unless you wirte back and let me know if he is HIV positive. If he is, let me know and I will be glad to respond.

Michael Shernoff, MSW

psychotherapist working with HIV+ ct who is having unsafe sex
delaing with anxiety, new move to LA