psychotherapist working with HIV+ ct who is having unsafe sex
Jun 26, 2002
What, if any, are the legal implications for a psychotherapist working with a client who is HIV + and is having unprotected sex with multiple partners he/she is not disclosing to? is there something similar to a duty to warn? what are the liability issues? specifically for the state of oregon.
Response from Mr. Shernoff
Since I am not an attorney there is no way I can provide you with either an informed or adequate response to your inquiry. I suggest that you call your state professional association to ask them. Michael Shernoff, MSW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Fever An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Stinging Pain Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Tingling Lips Sign Of Seroconversion
- Black Spots After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Night Sweats After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Penis After Anal Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.