getting help

Wha's the best way to find a therapist that knows alot about treating h.i.v patients in Florida? Because of insurance limitations I don't want to have to go through a bunch of doctors like I did with six different dermatologists for a different problem(still not resolved and probably never will be) My wish list includes a doctor who is familiar with antiviral side effects and cognitive disorders relating to viral infection, as well as the ramifications. Thank you

Response from Mr. Shernoff

There are several possible ways. You can begin by asking your primary care physician for a referral. You can also call the local AIDS service organization and ask them for referrals. If you know people also living with HIV ask them if they know anyone. When you call to set up an initial appointment do not be shy about asking any potential therapist all the questions you need him or her to answer in order to figure out if they may be right for you to work with. Michael Shernoff, MSW

Electric shock therapy
neurological effects