dexadrine it's use

This is a very important question for me. In the early 1990's I was having trouble keeping up with multitasking at my job( my Dr. assumed it was hiv related)or possibly add. It is now several years later and I find that I have to take the medicine just to function. I am so scared that my brain is fried from this medicine. have you heard of this treatment-also consequences of long term use. My dose is 10mg. per day. Please answer this guestion-I am scared and depressed-

Response from Mr. Shernoff

Using low doses of various stiimulants is a common treatment to help people with HIV who experience confusion or certain other aspects of neuro psychiatric HIV. There can be long term side effects and therefore it is essential that you discuss this with whomever prescribed you the drug. I am not a doctor so am not an expert on this. But since you are feeling frightened and depressed it would be important for you to talk about feeling this way at length with a psychopharmacologist who is an expert in working with people with HIV in order to have yourself evaluated. Once the evaluation is completed, then in consultation with this psychiatrist you can explore a variety of treatment options to determine which one might be best for you. Michael Shernoff, MSW

Disclosure to Discreet Partner
Telling Children