Support mechanisms

I have a problem. I think I might have contracted HIV, and the odds are that I might have. I have no support mechanisms however. None of my friends or family know I'm gay, and I live in a rather small city in a conservative state. I 'm so afraid of taking the test because I am so alone with this, and have no one to be there for me if it comes back positive. Do you have any suggestions for someone that may need some support, but has none? I don't know if I can put my parents through that agony, but I need someone. I'm already about to lose control over the stress of waiting.

Response from Mr. Shernoff

Find a good therapist who you can confide in and begin there. Then find a good doctor and take the test.

Michael Shernoff, MSW

hiv and early warning signs
Is it possible to make yourself sick?