headaches and memory loss
Oct 24, 2000
My knowledge of HIV and AIDS symptoms is very limited so I ask this question very blindly. I once heard that when a person is infected with HIV or AIDS their memory seems desepate is this true?
Response from Mr. Shernoff
The response is much more complicated than your question. HIV can affect a person's brain and one symptom may be memory loss. Not every person who is infected with HIV experiences this. Some people who do experience a memory loss, often have their memory improve if they begin antiviral therapy.
Michael Shernoff, MSW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Itchy Rash An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Testicular Pain Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Too Scared To Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute
- Sex With A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Blisters After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.