HIV+ and HEPc + in a small community

Hello dr...i live in a very small isolated community. I've been here for about 8 years now and expected to have left here long before now. On Aril/99 i found i was + for hiv and hepc. I have my family here that are very supportive, but i feel like i'm just waiting to get sick here ad die. There's not many ways to make friends around here for me anyway.I really think that moving to a large city over 2 hours away could really help me get some sort of life together. But i'm afraid to make a change. I'm just having a hard time convincing myself it would probably be good for me and that i just might like it after it's over. I just don't know how to go about it.I have hiv and hepc....but have only taken partial treatment for the hepc...none nor the hiv. My dr says i'[m doing good cd4 in mid-500 and vl around 2200. state 3 liver disease (last on that combo for only about 3 months.My main hiv and hepc drs are in st.louis and he's made comments that it would work better in i was closer so he could keep seeing me more regularly So you think this would be a good ideal/ I just feel like i'm waiting to get sick here and stay stick and die here...i'd really like to be around people that i can consider friends and i don't have any here. I'm just in a rut that 75%of the time i'm fairly content living here, but it's getting to me more now about condemning my self here just because it seems safer and i'm close to family, but i can't just live my life and make friends that are important to me here. I need some help to get me motivated to do something. The way things have been going isn't happening very fast or none at all...I just feel trapped because of these 2 viruses.Can anyone offer some suggestions about what i should do?should i begin planning a move to st.louis where my drs are and where there;s aids organizations there that could possibly help me with housing and other things.I don't get out of the apartment much here and it's making me a hermit....just waiting to die.Can anyone offer me any advice on what i should do? thanks??

Response from Mr. Shernoff

No one but yourself can or should offer any suggestions about making this big decision. This is what being an adult is all about. All you can do is talk with people you trust and evaluate all the pros and cons. If you are really having trouble evaluating which would be better for you you could always have a few sessions with a mental health professional to get some professional counseling to figure out what you really want to do and what would be best for you.

Michael Shernoff, MSW

Why not add?
Why am I still scared?