The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Mental Health and HIVMental Health and HIV
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HIV counselor in San Jose?

Nov 3, 2000

Hi, thanks in advance for your help. Where can I find a counselor who specializes in people dealing with the fear of HIV during the window period? I live in San Jose, CA.

Response from Mr. Shernoff

I suggest you call the local AIDS service organization. I do not know the name of this organization, but it should not be difficult for you to find. They will be able to refer you to good and well-trained mental health professionals.

Michael Shernoff, MSW

Stress of M/Illness?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint