can HIV be passed through saliva?
Nov 28, 2000
I NEED to know if HIV can be passed on through kissing "saliva"? I need to know this because I found out a few days ago that I might have HIV. I wont know for sure for six months and I want to make sure that my boyfriend will not get HIV from kissing me.
Response from Mr. Shernoff
I am not an expert on how HIV is transmitted and therefore am not qualified to answer your question. I suggest you re-ask your question to the Body's expert in this area.
Michael Shernoff, MSW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Odds Of Contracting HIV Cut On Lip
- Odds Of Getting HIV Vaginal Sex With Condom
- Does Groin Pain Mean I Have AIDS?
- Black Spots After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.