ocd keeps me from leading a fear free life

I have ocd and I am constantly terrified of getting AIDS. Most of my life I have been able to control my fears but for the last six months my fear has been pretty constant. I am seeing a counselor and taking medication and it is helping but I still get scared about certain things. The other day while at work I was handing a man his money and his hand lightly brushed my finger, I looked at my finger to make sure nothing was on it which is a habit of mine and noticed a small scratch. I don't know how I got the scratch but the whole incident made me nervous am I over-reacting?

Response from Mr. Shernoff

It sounds like you already very well know the answer to your question.

Michael Shernoff, MSW

General Health(wellness)
psychological dimensions of AIDS