Dr. Young, a question of STI's

Dr Young: You mention that it might be possible for individuals to have a week on a week off HIV meds as a very short STI. My question is this: Would this method of STI be of benifit to all HIV+ individuls or just certain sub groups?

I'd like to clarify my earlier comments about STIs. There have been a handful of studies that have asked the question about short-cycle STI in persons who initiated treatemnt during acute infection. There isn't a similar set of data about STIs during established infection. Hence, it would be premature (and probably irresponsible) to extend the enthusiasm about short cycle STI to the vast majority of patients who are chronically infected, or who initiated treatment later in the course of the disease. /BY

Dr. Young
The Viread Truth