Blue Green Algae is it safe.

Doctor a friend of mine has been taking "Klamath Lake Blue Green Algae,and said it has raised his CD4 count and makes him feel sense of wellness.He sent me 3 bottles.My Hiv medications are Viramune,epivir,ziagen and acyclovir.i have been on this medication since sept and my numbers are CD4 271/22 and VL undectable.I'm also was diagnosised with an advanced NHL last Sept and currently still under going chemotherapy,Cytoxin,VP16{ETOPOSIDE}and Biceenu.Currently on Prednisone 10 mgs daily which just makes me feel down and sense of dread,i hate prednisone.After i'm off it make affect improves.Do you think it safe or wouldn't hurt to take this suppliment.Thank you.

I am unaware of any data that would suggest any significant adverse interactions with this product. Be aware, however, that the safety of many supplements has not been established and is often unknown (particularly in light of the many, potent medications that you are taking).

In the end analysis, I don't think that blue-green algae will hurt you, I'm just not sure that there will be alot of benefit. /BY

fourth try, rural doctor
Re: Adding Ziagen