Dec 4, 2001
Dear Dr, I have read about the boosting effect of Norvir when given 100 mg twice daily in combination with other protease inhibitors. Which are the most appropriate doses in mg of Invirase and Fortovase when given twice daily with 100 mg Norvir?
| Response from Dr. Boyle
Recent data support 1000mg [5 capsules] Fortovase (saquinavir) and 100mg [1 capsule] Norvir (ritonavir) twice daily. I am unaware of any data regarding using Invirase with 100mg of Norvir twice daily; the common dosage for Invirase/Norvir is 400/400mg BID.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Seroconverting After Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Bloody Pee After Anal With Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Blood Splash Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Having Sex During Period Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Vomiting After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.