Dec 4, 2001
Dear Dr, As twice daily Fortovase (2*1600)is not FDA approved is it as potent as three times daily Fortovase (3*1200)? What are the chances for twice daily Fortovase to work as well as three times daily regimen? When do you prescribe twice daily Fortovase?
Pls any commnet will be of hepl.
Response from Dr. Boyle
Twice daily Fortovase is roughly equivalent to thrice daily. To be honest, I don't use much Fortovase without using Norvir (ritonavir) boosting (generally 400/400 BID), which decreases the pill burden and improves the pharmacokinetics.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- If I Have Ars Will I Have Runny Nose?
- Pain In Penis After Having Sex During Period What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Discharge After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Having Oral Sex?
- Does Genital Warts Virus Ever Go Away?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.