|viracept with food
Sep 19, 2000
I have a rather benign question. would you consider this to be ok if I take my dose of viracept and the rest of the other antivirals about one hour after a meal or does it have to be exactly with a meal? thanks for answering.
| Response from Dr. Pavia
When the studies are done on absorption, they look at fasting more than 2 hours compared to with food. As you know, Viracept is absorbed better with food. One hour after a meal probably doesn't qualify. However, the good news is that it takes very little food to help with Viracept absorption. How about compromising by having a bite or two of dessert an hour later with your Viracept? A few bites is probably enough
Andrew T. Pavia, M.D.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flu Symptoms After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Blood Splash Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Rash After Touching Dried Semen Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Open Mouth Kissing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Tongue After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.