Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

RE:T 20 answer
Sep 30, 2001

Dr Pavia; Regarding the response to my friend saying he's tested negative after T-20 Clinical Trial.I questioned him regarding this,he's tested for HIV for 15 plus years also had NHL 7 years ago.He affirms that he's testing negative to HIV elisa and western blot.So I don't know but I'm a RN and also find this statement like you unlikely,but he also said not all the info is corrolated yet and that they are going to stop meds to see what happens.I just hope that Doctors don't become jaded and also loose hope of a cure,we ahve found cures for other diseases by chance.So maybe this could be one of thoses mircles and maybe he's wrong.But he differentated undectable and negative to me.We irradicated polio,vaccinated and wiped out smallpox,what if T-20 is too HIV what vaccines where to smallpox or polio.And i know that T-20 isn't a vaccine. Lets never loose hope.

Response from Dr. Pavia

I am posting this so we can follow along on your friend's progress. Amen to your last sentiment about never loosing hope. However, you and I know how hard it can be for people to sort out the stories, rumors and urban legends about the next great thing.

I try and be a determined, but open-minded skeptic. I am always hoping to be convinced about new approaches, alternative or mainstream, but until I see them carefully tested and proved, I am very, very cautious.

I don't think you need to be a scientist to have a scientist's perspective. New observations could be the next great breakthrough, or an error. Things need to be tested, confirmed and repeated.

Let us know what happens with the treatment interuption.

Thanks

ATP

Previous
CD4 Concerns
Next
Swap 1 drug in a 4 drug combo?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.