advice please

hello doc. i have been hiv+ from last 3 years.recently i am taking stavidune 40mg,lamivdune 120mg,neverpie 200mg (twicw day) recently i made my viral load and count 6490 kmq viral loadand 270 cd4 count. i want to known which are the latest medecine is avilable. please reply me

Thank you for your question.

From the information that you tell us, I'll assume that you are on your first combination therapy and you've previously had an undetectable viral load and now have a viral load of 6900. The first thing to ask is if the viral load that is measured is due to viral resistance or due to other factors (such as missed doses of medications, a vaccination, or illnesses like herpes, sinusitis).

Assuming that none of the above are going on, then it might be reasonable to verify that the viral load is present by checking a second viral load test. I often will obtain a viral genotype at this time to assess the presence of drug resistance mutations.

We now have several different approaches for dealing with persons experiencing virologic failure after their first HAART treatments. There are a variety of approaches, but after a NNRTI-regimen failure, a reasonable approach would include the use of protease inhibitors (either non-boosted or boosted).

I would advise you to work closely with your doctor to discuss treatment options.

Good luck, BY

HIV Progression
Why Cant We Do This???